Friday, April 07, 2006

I apologize for taking so long to update the Cyberville Blog...I'm going to make it a routine to update it on Friday mornings from now on! Don't worry, I'll finish the Furby Autopsy! I'm actually going to create a standalone page for it because if I do it in blog fashion, it would be backwards!

What has been happening in Cyberville? A lot!

In March, which is also known as "FIRST Robotics Season, the St. Louis Science Center sponsored the St. Louis FIRST Regional. I, Frank the Cyberville Gallery Leader, was the head referee (My 3rd year as head ref), and I had a blast! The game this year, "Aim High" was well conceived and a joy to ref: also the robots this year were really cool as the game was very demanding. I also want to take this time to "shout out" to the Zabriski's who are vital to pulling off the game: two of them refereed with me, and their father was the field manager! Thanks! The whole field crew this year was great! I also want to congratulate Team 71 ("Team Hammond"), as they were the Chairman's Cup winner and were a part of the competition's winning alliance (along with teams 537 and 547). I also went up to Chicago and head ref'd up there as well! Team 71 was there too, but this time, they lost in the final round! #71 is definitely one of those "legendary" teams as they have won the national competition a record 4 times!! Speaking of the national competition, I'll be finding my way to Atlanta at the end of April to be a referee. It's at the Georgia Dome again, and it's great fun!

Upcoming Event: At the end of May, we have the Science Center/Warfactory LANetarium LAN party!!! It will run from 9:30am to 2am on Saturday, May 27!! We'll even have the championship rounds on the Omnimax screen! Even if you're not a gamer, I invite you to watch the fast and furious gaming action as the event is open to the public from Noon to 5:30pm. If you have a sweet gaming rig and what to join us, go over to Warfactory's website to sign up! You have to be over 14, and bring your own computer! If and when there are any more announcements, I'll post them here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home