Monday, April 24, 2006

Not much going on in Cyberville at the moment: Although it is "Field Trip Season" (we don't officially call it this!), today it's kinda slow, and I thought I'd use this opportunity to post!

If you don't follow robotics competitions, this might not interest you. But, to those who love a good robot match: FIRST National Robotics Competition in Atlanta, GA is this week! One of the cool things about being the Cyberville Gallery Leader is that the Science Center supports my involvement with FIRST! I am going to drive down to Atlanta on Wednesday and for the rest of the week, I'll be a competition referee! Normally, I'm the head referee for the St. Louis Regional, but at the national competition, I'm a normal ref. I need more years under my belt before I can head ref at nationals. If you're going, stop by my field (don't know which field I'm on) and say, "Hi!"

If you're into computer game history and reviving old gaming genres, this article about interactive fiction is fascinating. We used to call them text adventures, and technically, they're not "games" in the true sense of the word. However, it's good to know that "interactive fiction" is still alive albeit in an obscure part of the net. It let me take a walk down memory lane though!

Here's a cool new tech toy that I wouldn't mind getting my hands on: the Sony Reader(warning to those with a slow connection: this link leads to a page that uses Flash)! It uses e-ink to dynamically create pages that look just like paper! I wish Sony would donate some to our gallery! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home